Architectural plants are defined by their distinctive shapes, a strong structure and can add a dramatic look to any garden. They are usually used to create a focal point in the garden with their colours, textures and different sizes. They can look fantastic in your borders or can be used in containers on the patio. Our web shop displays a few of the more popular varieties we sell. To see our full range, please visit your local branch of Thompson's. These plants are also covered under our 3 year hardy plant guarantee, so you can buy from us with confidence.
Need some help planting your shrubs?
- Dig the hole a little deeper than the size of the container, and twice as wide.
- Loosen the soil in the hole so that it is crumbly.
- Mix a small amount of good quality multipurpose compost into the hole.
- Remove the plant from the pot and gently tease out a few of the roots.
- Place your shrub in the hole making sure you don't bury the stem.
- Refill the hole with a mixture of soil and multipurpose compost.
- Firm the soil around the shrub making sure you don't press down on the root ball.
- Water well, and keep well watered in first season whilst it establishes itself.
If you need any other assistance with your garden plants, then please get in touch. Our experts are always on hand to answer your questions. [email protected]