Why this privacy statement?
We process your personal data for the benefit of our service provision. We attach great importance to your privacy and we will therefore treat these personal details confidentially and carefully. Personal data is processed in accordance with legal provisions such as the Data Protection Act and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as GDPR). We would like to further inform you about this in this privacy statement.
Applicability of privacy statement
This privacy statement provides information about the processing of personal data by or on behalf of Thompsons NurseryLtd and only applies to the use of its customer's personal data and visitors to the website.
Identity of Thompsons Nursery Ltd
Thompsons Nursery Ltd is responsible within the meaning of the Data Protection Act and – with effect from 25 May 2018 – the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement provides information about the collection and processing of personal data by or on behalf of Thompsons Nursery Ltd.
Thompsons Nursery Ltd is known under Companies House number 1797815. Thompsons Nursery Ltd has its registered office address at Perry Street, Chislehurst, Kent, BR7 6HA in the United Kingdom and can be reached on the email address: [email protected]
How do we collect personal data?
Thompsons Nursery Ltd can receive information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you: for example, by entering into an agreement with us, if you contact us by email, telephone or in writing, you place an order in our webshop, register for activities, use the customer card or subscribe to our newsletter.
What personal data do we collect?
Thompsons Nursery Ltd may process personal data about you because you use the services of Thompsons Nursery Ltd and/or because you provide it to Thompsons Nursery Ltd yourself when you fill in a contact form on the website. Thompsons Nursery Ltd can process the following personal data:
- Contact and account details, including name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, information about your home, garden and pets, personal preferences, social media account(s) and any login details that you provided.
- We do not save payment and invoice details if you make an online payment via a third party such as iDeal. If you provide this information yourself to us in another way, for example, in writing or by email, it could be that it is stored.
- Website details – such as IP address, traffic and location data and information about the use of our website, webshop, customer card and digital newsletters.
- Information that you submit when you apply for a job with us, such as your CV, motivation and any related information.
For what purposes do we collect your personal data?
Thompsons Nursery Ltd uses personal data obtained in the first instance to carry out the agreement that we conclude with the customer in the context of offering products and services on our website, webshop and in our physical shop, and for internal administration. More specifically, we ask you to share your personal data with us for the following purposes:
- For the benefit of entering into, maintaining and improving the contractual relationship with its (potential) customers, or for improving the services and products.
- For the application and implementation of legal obligations.
- To make analyses regarding purchasing and visiting behaviour on the website, webshop and our physical shop(s) and comparing this with other (similar) shops with which we have active or passive cooperation.
- To provide your personal promotions, offers, tips and information by email and/or post.
- To provide purchase-related information such as user guides, usage tips, information, warranty certificates, purchase receipts and related products.
- To send promotions on the birthday of (potential) customers.
Thompsons Nursery Ltd may send newsletters by email. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Personal data is not used for purposes other than those described above.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Thompsons Nursery Ltd may share your personal data with companies affiliated with Thompsons Nursery Ltd, its clients, subcontractors (such as processors) who provide services on behalf of us or carry out assignments, suppliers, government agencies and other business contacts.
Thompsons Nursery Ltd may be required to provide your details due to a statutory obligation on Thompsons Nursery Ltd and/or following requests from authorities.
Thompsons Nursery Ltd has taken the necessary organisational and contractual measures to ensure that personal data is processed and protected in line with European legislation.
What cookies do we place?
- the IP address of the visitor;
- the date and time of the visit;
- the URL of the referring site (the site from which the visitor originates);
- the pages visited on our website;
- information about the browser used (type and version, operating system, etc.).
We use technical information and cookies to facilitate your visit to the website and to optimise the performance and user experience of the website. Cookies can be placed both by Thompsons Nursery Ltd itself and by other parties with whom Thompsons Nursery Ltd cooperates. Below is an overview of the types of cookies that are placed through the Thompsons Nursery Ltd website:
Thompsons Nursery Ltd places cookies that are necessary for the website to function properly and to provide a requested service. These cookies are used to save certain user and preferred settings, to save any log in data and to optimise the user-friendliness of the website.
Thompsons Nursery Ltd uses analytical cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies, which collect information about the use of the website. This capture, among other things, the number of website visitors, the visited pages and the duration of their stay. The collected data is used to improve the service and optimise the content of the website to the wishes and needs of the users.
Thompsons Nursery Ltd has concluded a processor agreement with Google for the use of Google Analytics. This agreement ensures that the Google Analytics cookies have been set in the most privacy-friendly way. Thompsons Nursery Ltd has not given Google permission to use information obtained through Thompsons Nursery Ltd for other Google services.
Tracking or advertising cookies
Tracking cookies are cookies that collect data about the (internet) behaviour of the website user. These tracking cookies are used to enable the user to make optimal use of our website. For example, these cookies are used to record information about the visit so that relevant information can be used for the convenience of the user on a subsequent visit, for example by filling in forms or offering ads that match the (search) profile of the user.
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features and services on our and other websites may not function properly if cookies are disabled in your browser.
How long do we keep your data?
Thompsons Nursery Ltd does not store your data longer than necessary for the implementation of the agreements and in any case no longer than 24 months after the agreement has been terminated unless this is necessary to comply with a statutory obligation for retention.
The termination of an agreement, in this case, means the cancellation of a customer card or the unsubscribing of a newsletter. If you wish to have your data removed in full, you can submit a request for this (see below).
What are your rights?
You must ensure that Thompsons Nursery Ltd has the correct personal data. You can object to the use of certain data by Thompsons Nursery Ltd, or request your data for inspection, correction and/or removal of your (personal) data in writing to the e-mail address [email protected]. Upon written request, any corrections made by you will be processed. Thompsons Nursery Ltd will respond to your request as quickly as possible but within four weeks.
Complaints about the use of personal data can be directed to Thompsons Nursery Ltd or to the legally competent institution in our country.
How do we secure your personal data?
Thompsons Nursery Ltd takes the protection of personal data very seriously and takes appropriate physical, administrative, organisational and technical measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification.
Should you still have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, or if you would like more information about the security of your personal data, please contact Thompsons Nursery Ltd on [email protected].
Questions, comments, complaints
If you have any questions, comments or complaints in response to this privacy statement or about the way Thompsons Plant & Garden Centres Ltd handles your personal data, you can contact us by e-mail at [email protected].